It´s easy to make sugared petals but it adds a lot of colour and some extra floral vibes to your bakes. I used mallow flowers because that´s what blossomed near me at that time. You can aslo use other flowers:
- Rosehip or rose(Rosa)
- Johnny Jump up heartsease(Viola tricolor)
- Pumpkin blossoms (Cucurbita pepo)
- Garden phlox(Phlox paniculata)
- Lemon-scented geranium(Pelargonium crispum),
- Rose Geranium(Pelargonium graveolens)
- Peppermint-scented geranium(Pelargonium Tomentosum)
fresh mallow petals or other edible flowers
1 TBSP sugar
240 ml water
1 TBSP flax seeds
How to make?
- Boil 240 ml water and pour that on 1 TBSP flaxseeds. Mix and let is stay for 1/2 hour until it´s thickened and the seeds are sunk to the bottom.
- Let the mixture to cool down and brush the flower petals with the thick liquid and wipe through sugar.
- Set the sugar covered petals onto an oven tray that´s covered with a baking paper. Dry the blossoms in the oven 15-20 minutes at 50 °C(120 °F). If it´s sunny and warm you can also leave them to dry on a hot window sill.
- Use the petals to decorate cakes and other desserts. 🙂